Monday, March 28, 2011
Dear Lauren
Dear Lauren,
Oh my little girl...I can't believe you are 3 now! It seems like just yesterday we were carrying you around in your little car seat. Now you are already 39 inches tall. You've grown so much over the last year. It seems like just yesterday you looked like this:
You have such an awesome, sweet and spunky attitude. You love hugs and kisses but you also have been finding a lot of independence this year. You are potty trained now (since you were about 2 1/2). You love dressing yourself (usually it involves a tutu). You love trying to write. I am amazed how quickly you have learned your ABCs. You love preschool and your dance and gymnastics classes. You love monkeys which is why we picked "Monkey Girl" for your birthday party theme. You still love being picked up and held. Sometimes you love to just caress my face and give me kisses. You are very loving. You are cautious too especially around new people.
You LOVE your big sister. You love to play together, cuddle together for a show and have "slumber party sleepovers" in Jessica's room. Jessica really takes care of you and I can tell how safe and secure she makes you feel. I love hearing you both play and laugh together. Now it isn't always sunshine and roses but I think you have gotten a lot better at using your words and expressing how you feel.
You love being outside and playing with your baby dolls. You and Jessica play "mommy/baby" a lot and "teacher/student" and "dance teacher/student". You usually are the student but I make sure that you also get your chance to be teacher too.
You are an incredible helper. You love to help me cook or put dishes away. I always hear: "I wanna help" from you.
I love to kiss your cheeks and your little tummy. Lately you love wearing your hair in pigtails which look so super cute on you. They really just fit your personality. You have a very strong personality. If you don't like something, we'll know about it. You certainly are not a pushover. If you feel like something has been "taken" from you, you will march over and take it right back. You are really learning to use your words more in this area to talk about how you feel.
We love you oodles and oodles and can't wait to see what this next year brings. Although I wouldn't mind if time slowed down a bit. I love your snuggles and cuddles. We do hope you stop sucking your thumb soon but at the same time it is so cute to me. You are the apple of your daddy's eye. He loves you dearly. You are a wonderful daughter and sister. We love you!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment