Monday, June 13, 2011

Hula Hooping

Today Jess figured out how to hula hoop. Love it! I've always enjoyed hula hooping. I think it is a thrill as a parent to watch your child learn how to do something that they once couldn't do. It was just fun to watch her practice and to be so determined about it. We've had hula hoops for a long time but this was going to be the day. I think she saw herself getting close to "getting it" and she just didn't want to stop until she got it. I heard "mom, come watch, I think I got it.", "mom, I did it for 10 seconds", "mom, look at me, this is my best yet". She was on the patio and I was in the kitchen trying to get dinner ready. I was lucky I got anything made - she wanted me to watch and all I really wanted to do was watch her too. I just loved seeing the excitement in her face and just the pure joy of the moment. Her eyes would just light up. So simple, so honest. After dinner she wanted to go back out again just to hula hoop.




I think this is what I hope this summer will bring - the simple stuff. Learning how to do something that maybe you couldn't do before.

So proud of you Jess!

No comments: