Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Growing Up

Today we were driving around this morning because Lauren fell asleep in the car and the house was getting cleaned. I figured we would drive around a bit and I had to drop something off at someone's house. Anyway, Jess and I had a chance to have a nice little talk. Sometimes life is so hectic that you don't really get a chance to just talk.

She was telling me a story and I said when she gets bigger and learns to read and write she can write all her great stories down. She told me that she has lots of stories in her head - in her imagination. I started to tell her that some people write stories / books as their job.

I told her when boys and girls get bigger like mommy and daddy they have different jobs - doctors, police man, police woman, store owners, restaurant owners, teachers, veterinarians, writers etc. Her response was:
" Mommy when I get bigger I want to be a princess at Walt Disney World and take photos and sign autographs with boys and girls." I see it as a way to give back to the community, don't you? :-P

She then talked about wanting to play school when we got home. She said she wanted to be a teacher when she grew up. I mentioned that Grammy is an art teacher and that there are all kinds of teachers - math, reading, science, gym, music, art etc. I asked her what kind of teacher she would like to be:
"I want to teach learning."

I hope she never stops wanting to learn. Gosh, she's so precious.

No comments: