Saturday, September 19, 2009

Momma's Thoughts

Well I've updated the look of the blog and I hope this reinvigorates me to start blogging more regularly. I do like to keep a little diary of our life at home. You always think you'll remember a special moment and sometimes you do but over time you often don't. The girls are growing so quickly and there are moments that I wish I could just freeze. I do get nervous raising two daughters in the world that we live in now. I worry that in my intent to teach them the right way to go that I may not explain things well enough or teach them well enough or just plain confuse them. I want to just shelter them at times from the world around them. I want them to hold onto their beautiful child ways, their simple yet poignant views on life, their innocence...they are just so precious.

When I picked up Jess at preschool this week, she told me that during their recess time some boys like to play a game called 'hyenas'. They run around and chase each other. It's fairly innocent boy play. However, that day they had been saying things and chasing Jessica in their play. She didn't like it and she told them so but I think they still kept it up. The next day I spoke with one of the teachers about it and she was wonderful in talking to Jess about it too. I picked her up after school and asked her how things went with the hyenas. She said it was fine and that they seemed to forget about chasing her. She said "Momma, when you forget something that's not good, that's good, right?". :-)

On another note, Jess has been very inquisitive lately on heaven and bible stuff. Some recent questions:

1. When we go to heaven will we fall through the clouds?
2. Where is God?
3. Will everyone go to heaven?
4. When we die, will we just fall down on the sidewalk?
5. How come Joseph's father didn't love all his sons the same? How come he gave the beautiful rainbow coat to only one son? That wasn't very nice.
6. Will my daddy lulu (her favorite stuffed animal) be in heaven?

Lots of questions and I am challenged by how to answer them so that she feels like the answer is sufficient and satisfying but it also needs to be age appropriate. There is a lot that goes on in the mind of a 4 year old. She is very thoughtful and ponders a lot of different things. Needless to say, I am doing a lot more praying. :-)

No comments: