Monday, September 21, 2009

Way Overdue Post: Jessica's 4th Birthday Party


It seems I never posted about Jessica's 4th birthday party. I've got to make sure I cover such a special event. We had a My Little Pony party at Watchung Stables. Jess invited all her friends to come see the horses. They were supposed to do pony rides but it rained so the kids received a tour of the barn which was very informational and fun. I was really surprised by how much they covered. The kids had a lot of fun. I was so thankful that Auntie Jenny was able to fly in for the event and help me. They only give you 1/2 hour to set everything up so timing was pretty tight. The room they gave us was a little smelly but I kept reminding myself that it was a stable. We did a little picture frame craft, toured the barn, ate snacks / treats and cupcakes / cake and had a pinata. Jess had a great time. I made my first birthday cake and it wasn't easy. It's tough finding icing / frosting that works well and is allergy free. I did my best. She really wanted a my little pony cake. She was really happy with it and I was so thankful.



No comments: