Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Lemonade Stand

This past weekend Jessica really wanted to have her own lemonade stand. She was so excited about the whole thing. I was a little hesitant. It was super hot out, we live on a street with absolutely no traffic and many neighbors weren't around. Who was going to buy anything?? But I wanted to support her lemonade enthusiasm so...She made her sign. We put together our lemonade supplies and set up shop at the foot of the driveway.

The night before she was so excited she said: "I have to figure out what I am going to wear for the lemonade stand...yellow, yellow, yellow...I need to look like a LEMON!!" So funny!! (By the way, she wore pink anyway.)

Scott and I bought some lemonade. I took a few pictures of the girls in action...waiting to sell lemonade. And that was pretty much it until.....the man who saved the day showed up....our mailman! He got out of the truck, bought a cup of lemonade (which Jess was selling for 5 cents) and gave her a quarter. She was so happy!

After he left, I decided to bring the girls in for a little bit to cool off. 10 minutes later the doorbell rang and it was....the mailman...wanting seconds!! We all scrambled out the door and I had to get a pic of our mailman with the girls. He was so kind to both of them.

The lemonade stand was a success!

No comments: