Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Lauren's 1st Birthday Party





Well our little baby is ONE! Time has passed so quickly. In some ways it is bittersweet for me, I am so excited to see her grow and thrive and at the same time I miss the little baby I brought home from the hospital. She's so big now. She is a complete and utter joy to have in our family. I could not imagine life without her. She's funny and spunky and cuddly and cute!

We decided to have a small party at home. I just really like at home parties. We went with a cupcake theme and the colors were light pink, dark pink and light blue. She sported a very cute cupcake dress and loved eating her first cupcake. The kids played "pin the cherry" on the cupcake and did a little cupcake craft. I made a special album (which I still have to finish :-P) of scrapbook pages from Lauren's first year and we also showed a little first year photo dvd that Daddy worked really hard to put together. We had a super cute cupcake pinata. Auntie Jenny also made the cupcake invitations and the birthday banner and the cupcake toppers. They were awesome! Here are some pics of the decorations:


Here is the birthday girl:
She had a great time opening her presents!

Big Sister Jessica gave Lauren a Penelope Peapod doll which Lauren loves!

Pinata Time!

Friends and Family!



No comments: