
Today we celebrated Lauren's 2nd Birthday! She really had a great time today. We had her Elmo party at Baby Power in BH and then came back to the house to hang out a bit and open presents. She really enjoyed all the activities at her party. She loved playing in the gym...I think that was her favorite part. They also did circle time with bubbles and parachute and some sing a long songs. We had a little lunch and then it was time to eat Elmo cupcakes and sing "Happy Birthday" to our big girl.

We celebrated with close friends and family and I know Lauren enjoyed everyone's company. Even though my family couldn't be there, their creative touches and thoughtful gifts certainly made us feel their love and presence.

We celebrated with close friends and family and I know Lauren enjoyed everyone's company. Even though my family couldn't be there, their creative touches and thoughtful gifts certainly made us feel their love and presence.
There are certain pros and cons to having a birthday party outside the house. I know she had an awesome time which at the end of the day is all that matters. But with 1 1/2 hours to celebrate, I do feel a little rushed and I also don't have full control over setting up decor which I enjoy doing. But all of that is minor. Lauren's happy face all day was wonderful to see. She has grown so much in the past year.

Our beautiful Lauren,
It seems like just yesterday that I brought you home from the hospital. I do miss those "baby" days but watching you grow has been even more wonderful. We are so blessed to have you as one of our daughters. We truly couldn't imagine our life without you.
Lauren, you've got a lot of spunk. You love to do things yourself - especially putting on shoes and socks and getting dressed. If there is something you think you can do yourself, you have no problems saying "I do myself". You are learning to ask for help when you know you need it. You love the outdoors and you love to climb, slide and swing. You love to color and play with your babies and strollers. You love your big sister and she loves you dearly too.
You are talking so well now. You are repeating everything we say and we pretty much can understand all your needs and wants. It is funny though that even though you try to be fiercely independent there is a total teddy bear side to you. A side that likes to hold hands while you eat. A side that wants me to hold your foots while I am driving. Seriously, you will cry so hard but once I touch your foot you are totally calm and at peace. You love to snuggle in bed with mommy and daddy and you love to rest your head on our (mommy and daddy) shoulder when you are carried. I cherish those moments. You come to us for hugs and comfort - so sweetly. You love to play with us and say "mommy pway blocks me pwease". Gosh you sound so sweet when you say those words. You love to dance and follow Jessica's ballerina moves. It won't be long before you're taking dance lessons too. Instead of putting on Jess' ballet slippers, you'll have your own.
You used to do a lot of high pitched screaming no matter your mood - happy or upset. Now you tend to giggle and squeal more with delight. You love to be tickled by your daddy. And you love when he picks you up and plays with you. You love to hear your daddy coming in through the door from work. Your face lights up so much when you see him.
Some of your favorites:
Food: pancakes, syrup, bacon, strawberries, red peppers, cucumbers, pears, steak and a few sweet treats :-P
Books: we call it the "I can do it" book, hungry caterpillar, bear hunt, brown bear, brown bearToys: babies, strollers, purses / backpacks / baskets - just about anything that you can put a bunch of stuff in, Dora stuff, crayons and coloring books, play doh, blocks
Activities: Playing outside and taking a bath
Happy Birthday sweetie! Mommy and Daddy couldn't be more proud of you. You truly are an incredible gift from God to our family. We love you!
Love forever and ever and always,
Mommy & Daddy
P.S. Lauren had her 2 year appointment today (3/30/10). She weighs 29 lbs. (approx. 75th percentile). She is wonderfully healthy and we couldn't be more thankful.
P.S. Lauren had her 2 year appointment today (3/30/10). She weighs 29 lbs. (approx. 75th percentile). She is wonderfully healthy and we couldn't be more thankful.
No comments:
Post a Comment