Tuesday, September 7, 2010

First Day of Kindergarten 2010

Our little girl is now in Kindergarten! Today was Jessica's big day. Jess was excited and couldn't wait for us to leave. I don't have to drop her off until 12:05 for afternoon Kindergarten. It was a really hot day so we didn't put on any new fall clothes. Jess chose one of her favorite sundresses and asked for her hair to be braided. She looked lovely.

We started the day with a pancake breakfast. The girls played and relaxed for a bit. I had Jessica fill out this little page I put together of just a few things to remember this day. Lauren wanted to do a page too. She knew today was Jess' day for school but she wanted to carry her new tote bag around too...and carry a snack in it.





I told Jess how proud of her we are and that I hope she had a wonderful day. I gave off a few little reminders about being kind, respectful and to remember her manners. I told her that some children may be a little shy and not have a friend in the class and just to include them when she can and think about how they might be feeling.


Lauren was by Jess' side the whole time...including picture time. When Jess went into school, Lauren cried. She kept calling for her in the car. I didn't cry but seeing how Lauren felt about Jessica made my heart melt. Love sisters!


And of course we had to follow up the big day with some Rita's Italian Ice. Lauren was very happy to have her sister with her again.





No comments: