Monday, September 6, 2010

Labor Day & The End of Summer 2010

Today was another beautiful day. It is too bad that the temperatures are going to shoot back up tomorrow. We tried to have a low key kind of day since tomorrow is Jessica's first day of Kindergarten (more on that tomorrow). I took the girls for a walk to the pond. We've really been enjoying our walks lately. The girls played outside and had a picnic lunch in the backyard. Scott had a lot of work to do today but he was able to take the girls out to the playground while I finished my massive "organizing paperwork" project. It was just a simple day that marked the end of a wonderful summer.

I think a lot of people look forward to the start of school in order to get back into a routine and have more "me" time. The end of summer is bittersweet for me. I am going to miss being in control of how we spend our days. I used to love the start of school as a child - backpacks, school supplies, some new clothes - but as a parent now, it seems like we'll be doing so much running around. I really hope to keep up with our storytimes and to just help make our home a haven from all the busyness. I also want to make sure that the girls get plenty of time together too.

But as a last hurrah to the summer of 2010, let's look back at some of the things we got to do:

> Visit from Grammy

> Going to Great Adventure

> Vacation Bible School

> Town pool & Beach Visits

> Gymnastics Camp

> Outer Banks

> Crayola Factory

> Bronx Zoo

> Playgrounds

> Birthday parties

> BBQs

> Swim Lessons

> Dance class

> Library Summer Reading Program

> Potty Training

> Boardwalk Visits

It was a full and enjoyable summer. I am so thankful for all the special moments our family had together. I feel blessed beyond measure.







No comments: