Saturday, January 2, 2010

The New Year ~ 2010

I wanted to take a moment and just jot down some thoughts on the upcoming year. The new year brings the feeling of a clean slate -- being able to start fresh. I really don't like the idea of resolutions. However, I do have areas where I want to work on in my own life. It's a process though. I strive to achieve certain things as a wife and mother and sometimes I just get in my own way.

Here are some of my best intentions for 2010 :-) :

1. Watch TV less - both for myself and the girls. It's so easy to put on a show when I want to get something done but in the end I know it's not the best thing for the girls.

2. Spend more time trying to document family activities, mom thoughts, photos ~ whether it's blogging or scrapbooking or getting photos into albums. I really want to at least some of the things I've started. I also want to do more journaling b/c I want to remember the little life details and just my thoughts on the joys and stresses of being a Mom at this stage in my life. I want to be able to have the girls look through all sorts of albums w/ written details to go with the pics. It truly is a priceless gift to our family.

3. Opening up our home more to friends and family. This is a tough one for me. I always feel like the house needs to be 'just so' when I have company and most of the time it's 'just not'. I want the girls to learn to care for their home but not to be bound by housework either. Everything doesn't have to be perfect. It's more important that our home just be a warm and welcoming place for friends and family to gather. This actually leads into the next item...

4. Gotta keep cooking more! :-)

5. I hate to add exercise to the list. It's so cliche. I'll just try harder and take it a week at a time.

6. I'm interested in trying to read the bible in a year. It's only January 2nd and I'm already behind though so I'm not sure how that will go. I really hope to do more reading too.

I'm sure I could go on and on about things I want to try to learn or accomplish but I also have a 4 1/2 year old and a 1 1/2 year old and they are my priority. I need to find the right balance of everything. It's a challenge for most moms. I just want to be a good example for the girls.

Well, I guess that's it for right now. New Year ~ Fresh Start!
"Tomorrow is a new day, with no mistakes in it..." ~ Anne of Green Gables

No comments: