Saturday, January 2, 2010

Thoughts on Christmas Planning

I just wanted to write a little note to myself to help me with Christmas plans for next year...just things I want to remember for next time.

1. Plan ahead what to put in the advent house -- a few too many last minute marshmallows in 2009 :-) Maybe there are slips of paper with a 'craft of the day' or a good deed for the day.

2. Incorporate an advent wreath in our home

3. Give Christmas PJs the day after Thanksgiving.

4. I really liked starting the new tradition of opening a gift on Christmas Eve of a book(s) and an ornament. I already purchased the ornament for the girls for 2010. Try to remember to take a photo of them with their ornament and books. I wish I did that this time.

5. Purchase a little tree from Michaels right after Thanksgiving for Lauren's room.

6. Purchase another 6' Canadian Christmas tree from target to match the one in the dining room.

7. Plan ahead and purchase ahead of time materials for more Christmas crafts. Definitely purchase another wooden ornament for the girls to paint. I absolutely love Jess' angel ornament from 2009.

8. Try to make the handprint ornaments in November. We also want to make a few more of our own ornaments in the coming year.

9. Don't purchase the tree the weekend after Thanksgiving. Decorate everything else that weekend but wait to the following for the tree.

10. The stockings need a little repair. Pull them out early to spruce them up.

11. Talk to the girls about a gift for Jesus and review the Samaritan's Purse catalog. Continue to seek ways we can help others.

12. And the usual...try to wrap earlier, ship gifts early, start shopping in October etc...

13. Plan gifts that the girls can make for grandparents.

No comments: