While Scott and I are were in Philadelphia, I decided to bring the book I was reading in hopes that I could make some actual progress on it. Usually I try to read before bed but most often I fall asleep 2 pages into the book. It makes it really hard to even follow the book and I usually forget what I read the night before. I'm working on it though because I do enjoy reading and usually have a fiction book and non-fiction book going at the same time. Well, I did make quite a bit of progress on my book while in Philly...I finished it!
The book was called Same Kind of Different As Me by Ron Hall and Denver Moore. It is based on a true story. The chapters switch back and forth as Ron and Denver give their voice to their own pasts and we eventually see how their lives cross and change them forever. The book really impacted me. I even cried which I normally don't do when reading a book. Isn't that one of the great things about books? The authors were so honest. Ron's wife Debbie, as we read in the book, is an amazing woman. In her commitment to helping the homeless, she really just wanted to love and help them without judgment....she cared so purely. Not because she wanted to feel better about herself but because she wanted them to know that if they thought nobody cared about them...she did. Pure.
I could go on and on about this book. It gave me so much to think about and it certainly is a book I would read again and recommend to anyone. It was beautiful.
1 comment:
Hi! Sounds like a great book!
Just wanted to get back to your question about how I organize my scrapbooking. I've had a few people ask me this, so I'm going to include it in a post on Tuesday when I post more pics of Ellie's project life book. Hopefully it will help you. I totally know what you mean...I've struggled forever with how to organize my scrapbooking and finally feel like I have a system!
Thanks for stopping by my blog! :)
Post a Comment