Dear Jessica,
I just dropped you off at Kindergarten and I'm sitting in a quiet kitchen just thinking about you. I always miss you when you head off to school but there was something about today that made me miss you a little more. There was soft music playing in the car, you hugged your sister when you got out of the car and waved goodbye and in that moment you just seemed so....Big to me. So grownup. Today you asked if you could make your own snack for lunch. You made a list of everything in your lunchbox too. You were so proud of yourself...and you should be because you did a great job. You asked if you could make your snack every day. Is this slowly the beginning? Does independence mean letting go? I sure hope not! :-)
Seeing how proud you were made me realize that I really need to take a look at other areas where you can act more independently. You are only 5 1/2 but there is so much you can do and want to do. I never want to stand in the way or hold you back in your growing up. Maybe you can slow down just a little bit. :-) Always know that your family is here for you. Watching you and Lauren grow up has been the greatest joy in my life. I can't wait to see what God has planned for your future. I am so excited to have a front row seat to your life. You are beautiful inside and out. I love you oodles and oodles....
Mommy
No comments:
Post a Comment